Is Extra Virgin Olive Oil Keto?
Keto diet is a very trending diet choice amongst today’s generation all all ages since they generally suffer from many kinds of small and big health related issues due to their lifestyle and food habits. Everyone wants a fast remedial for their depreciating health and keto is the one stop solution for all the health related problems.
The Keto diet has the potential to change the way how and what the body chooses to utilize and store as the primary source of energy. This works well for diabetes and other diseases as well and eases its symptoms, decreasing the side effects the high power medications cause. The keto diet has been in effect since a century now and people are very well aware of the benefits it provides on following the diet loyalty and strictly.
Fruits are generally restricted in a Keto diet but Olive is one such fruit which is a mandatory addition to the Ketogenic diet. Without the inclusion of olive made products, the diet is incomplete. One such product is Extra Virgin Olive Oil also known as EVOO.
OLIVES IN KETO
Olives have been cultivated by humans for many centuries now and are used widely from medicinal purposes to beauty purposes.Olives are considered to be highly nutritious and have been used for various purposes ranging from medicinal to beauty, fitness etc. since decades. Before we get to know about the multiple benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, let us know the difference between Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Regular Olive Oil.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL AND REGULAR OLIVE OIL
"Extra Virgin” is the highest grade an oil may receive on being absolutely chemical free and free from any artificial flavour or odor.Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made from pure, cold-pressed best quality hand picked olives, whereas regular olive oil is made from both cold-pressed and processed oils.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made by grinding olive fruits into a paste, then pressing them to extract the oil. Any kind of heat is not involved in the manufacturing of EVOO hence it is named a cold pressed which is missing in the regular olive oil. Extra Virgin Olive Oil takes a lot of time to get made, it results in a light dense grass color, has an earthy, peppery fruity aroma and hence it is placed at a cost more than the regular olive oil which might not be that much effective.
BENEFITS OF KETO FRIENDLY EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
Extra Virgin Olive Oil or EVOO is a great source of healthy fats and it comes along with an end number of healing and medicinal properties. Some of these benefits include:
- The Extra Virgin Olive Oil contains a lot of dietary antioxidants which are considered good for the body since they have been known to reduce the risks related to chronic diseases such as cancer, heart diseases and can also fight some deadly bacteria and viruses.
- The Extra Virgin Olives Oil is rich in Na or sodium content. It makes them a great option for a low-carbohydrate food for the beginners of the keto diet since it can help reduce the symptoms of keto flu which include headache, dizziness, fatigue, constipation etc.
- The healing properties of Extra Virgin Olive Oil are well known to improve the dieter's heart health in the long term. Since oleic acid is present in olives, it is associated with improved heart health and may protect the heart from bad cholesterol from oxidation.
- The Extra Virgin Olive Oil is rich in oleic acid and vitamin E. Both of these provide good nourishment to the skin. Studies show that olives are also helping in reducing old age wrinkles, darkening, blemishes, blackheads and pimples which occur on the skin. Many beauty products have special olive oil contents for this very reason.
- The Extra Virgin Olive Oil also helps in improving calcium content and gradually bone and nail health. Studies show that olive oil can prevent bone loss and osteoporosis in animal trials, but more human trials are needed to prove this.
- The Extra Virgin Olive Oil is rich in healthy monounsaturated fats which help in reducing body inflammation, getting rid of toxic free radicals and also have good effects on some rare types of cancer cells, they also stop the cancerous cell from growing further.
- The Extra Virgin Olive Oil is rich in good fatty acids which help in ketosis and also have powerful healing properties.
- The Extra Virgin Olive oil contains oleuropein which is the primary antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties and helps in protecting our body cells from damage due to injuries etc.
- The Extra Virgin Olive oil contains antibacterial properties which have many health benefits. It can cure the diseases caused by bacteria Helicobacter pylori which causes severe stomach ulcers and cancer in extreme cases
- Studies show that people who intake 30 grams of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on a daily basis are less prone to bacterial diseases and have eliminated the risk factors related to Helicobacter pylori infection upto 50%.
- Cooking the food in Extra virgin olive oil is also known to reduce appetite and calm the hunger pangs of the body which is necessary in a Keto diet. It is one of the basic necessities in the Ketogenic diet and hence the keto dieter's food should be entirely cooked in the EVO Oil
- It has fewer or negligible chemicals and free radicals hence making it free from major side effects and no negative impact on the dieter's body.
- EVOO is rich in omega fats polyunsaturated fats that are good for the heart's health) along with the monounsaturated fats, thus keto dieters with problems related to the heart health should take up the extra virgin olive oil for consumption.
BEST QUALITY EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
According to EVOO experts, people who use these products a lot and dietitians across the globe, the best quality extra virgin olive oil is the California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It is pocket friendly and comes into many flavors for daily use. Needless to say, it comes with many nutritional values and health benefits as well.
But it is recommended that people choose their extra virgin olive oil according to their preferences and obviously choose one which is both Keto friendly and pocket friendly. However all extra virgin olive oil's are more or less good and can be consumed on the diet.
THE BOTTOM LINE
The Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a mandatory addition to the Ketogenic diet since it is one of the most Keto friendly food products ever. This blog has described all the possible benefits of consuming the oil, as well as the best quality EVOO available in the market.
If you are on a Keto diet, please consider using the extra virgin olive oil as it not only nourishes your skin but also helps you get rid from any possible risk factors you might be prone to. Also, there are no major side effects of using this oil so you can consume it freely, just make sure you buy the oil which has the label of cold pressed on it.