What Is The Impact Of Adding Mct Oil To Your Coffee?
MCT oil is a supplement often added to smoothies, bulletproof coffee, and salad dressings. Today’s wellness trailblazers will try anything in pursuit of better health, and coffee is no exception. Bulletproof coffee is one wellness-promoting drink that’s meant to energize and nourish the body for more healthy and productive days. Characterized by putting MCT oil in coffee and grass-fed butter or ghee, Bulletproof coffee has transformed not only coffee but also the way we think about breakfast in general.
What is MCT oil?
As the name suggests, medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil is easily digested due to its shorter length. Also, many health benefits are linked to the way your body processes these fats. MCT oil is most commonly extracted from coconut oil, as more than 50% of the fat in coconut oil comes from MCTs. These fats are also found in many other foods, such as palm oil and dairy products. Four different types of MCTs exist, of which caprylic and capric acid are most commonly used for MCT oil. In some cases, these specific types have unique benefits. The supercharged oil is made with fatty acids that may help provide an energy boost and regulate diets in some cases.
What are some of the significant benefits of MCT oil?
- It promotes weight-loss. MCT oil has been shown to increase the release of hormones that stimulate the body’s feeling of fullness. It may even be better than coconut oil in keeping you full.
- It increases energy quickly, warding off fatigue and providing an extra boost, making it an excellent choice for athletes — especially high-endurance runners or cyclists — as it allows for a fast and efficient fuel source.
- It has also been shown to improve recovery among such athletes. When you’re on a ketogenic diet, MCTs can also be converted into ketones in the liver. These ketones can pass through your blood-brain barrier, making them a convenient source of energy for your brain cells.
- Studies have shown that MCT oil and a ketogenic diet may help manage conditions such as epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, and autism.
- Similarly, MCTs are known to support ketosis, a metabolic process by which the body burns fat instead of carbs for energy.
What is the goal of a ketogenic diet?
- Ketosis occurs when there isn’t enough glucose (from carbohydrates) to burn as energy. When the body burns fat instead of glucose, acids called ketones are created.
- The ketogenic diet’s goal is to starve the body of carbohydrates and kick ketosis into motion by consuming high-fat foods like avocado, olive oil, unsalted butter meat, and eggs.
- If you’re practicing a ketogenic diet, then MCTs stand apart from the other types of fatty acids. But within the MCT family, there are several subcategories based upon the number of carbon atoms. Each with its benefits, depending on your goals.
- MCT oil has been shown to increase metabolic rate and make it easier to manage metabolic diseases — especially those that contribute to obesity. This explains why paleo diet followers also support the incorporation of MCT oil into daily meals.
- MCT is a healthy fat that promotes lean muscle mass and weight loss, and its certified paleo according to most standards.
What is bulletproof coffee?
Bulletproof coffee combines coffee made from high-quality beans with unsalted butter and a medium-chain triglyceride (MCT), such as that derived from coconut oil.
- As the name suggests, Bullet Coffee is a highly Keto-friendly drink and contains zero sugar, is low in carbohydrates, and rich in healthy fats and proteins. Moreover, it is gluten-free, as well.
- Bullet Coffee is highly rich in MCT. It is a whey protein enriched coffee, providing a plethora of health benefits to the dieter. It can also be consumed as a pre-workout drink as it boosts your senses due to its nutritional values.
- MCT helps manage your weight, and whey protein helps you build your muscles; both combined act as a fuel for the brain and keep it active.
People respond to MCT oil in different ways, and it can cause bodily distress if too much is introduced too quickly. The standard Bulletproof coffee recipes or keto coffee recipes stress the importance of opting for grass-fed dairy or ghee for the lactose-intolerant. While you can add a sweetener, choose a low-carb option like Stevia or low-sugar almond milk.
Why Put MCT in Your Coffee?
By merely adding MCT oil or powder to coffee, you may experience improved satiety, enhanced cognition, weight loss, and a reduced risk of heart disease.
- Whether you want to boost your cognitive function or you’re in it for the fat burning capabilities, it’s clear that MCT oil has many benefits. Moreover, adding this healthy fat to hot coffee in the morning could help you stay fuller for longer, lose weight, and steer clear of disease.
- As with any dietary change, you are adding MCT oil to your coffee requires caution and consideration. If you’re not struggling with a condition like heart disease or high blood pressure, trying MCT oil in coffee might help you elevate your productivity and achieve optimum health like never before.
What are the benefits of caffeine?
Caffeine is a stimulant, and the most commonly used drug in the world. Every day, millions consume it to increase wakefulness, alleviate fatigue, and improve concentration and focus.
Caffeine occurs naturally in the leaves, seeds, or fruit of more than 60 plant species, including:
- coffee beans
- tea leaves and buds
- dola nuts
- cacao beans
- guarana seeds
- yerba mate leaf
Studies have shown that caffeine can:
- Improve memory
- Decrease fatigue
- Improve your mental functioning
- It can improve your short-term memory and speed up your reaction times.
Caffeine may boost weight loss or prevent weight gain, possibly by:
- suppressing the appetite and temporarily reducing the desire to eat
- stimulating thermogenesis, so the body generates more heat and energy from digesting food
- Combining it with MCT oil or powder may even be able to put your fat loss over the top.
Recipes to help you enjoy the benefits of MCT oil in coffee:
As a rule, most butter espresso plans call for three principle fixings—coffee, grass-fed butter, and an MCT-based product.How about we investigate a portion of the various ways you can utilize MCT oil in your everyday cup of coffee!
Keto Power Coffee
- 8 oz hot coffee
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (regular or vanilla)
- One scoop vanilla or chocolate MCT oil powder
- 1 tsp organic grass-fed butter
- Brew a cup of hot coffee with your favorite coffee beans
- Combine coffee, almond milk, MCT Oil Powder, and grass-fed butter into a blender
- Puree for about 10 seconds or until frothy
- Pour into your mug and enjoy your day filled with energy and alertness!
Creamy Cocoa Butter Coffee
- 8 oz hot coffee
- One scoop chocolate MCT oil powder
- 1 tbsp organic unsalted butter
- ½ scoop chocolate protein powder
- One tablespoon heavy cream
- Brew a hot cup of coffee with your favorite coffee beans
- Combine coffee, MCT Oil Powder, butter, protein powder, and heavy cream into a blender
- Puree for about 15 seconds or until it reaches your desired consistency
- Pour into your mug and keep your chocolate cravings at bay!
Coffee with MCT oil is the perfect way to begin your day. As a low carb, high-fat drink, it can provide an array of health benefits for people on the keto diet and those not on keto. The boost of energy from coffee, along with the health benefits from MCT oil, can help improve satiety, enhance ketone production, may add a boost to your morning coffee ritual. The best part? It only takes a few minutes out of your day to concoct the perfect cup of joe with MCT Oil Powder.