What Are Some Common Keto Breakfasts?
- 10 Aug, 2020
KETO DIET IN INDIA
The Keto diet is trending across the world due to its health benefits and immediate results. People from all walks of life find it an easy way of dieting and maintaining good health. India is no less here. Indians are actively participating in the Keto diet and the Indian diets have readily inculcated the Keto diet in itself. In today's scenario, every Indian is a health freak and likes to follow the health trends. Diets like Keto and Vegan are being followed by many Indians across the country. The major reason is the awareness towards well being, to lose weight, good health with the advent of time. Keto is not a new concept in Indian food but is in its initial stages due to the increasing cases of diseases like type 2 diabetes in the country.
Nowadays, people have busy lifestyles due to which they are unable to exercise frequently, go to gym or yoga, they gradually take up unhealthy eating habits and in the long term they are prone to developing many ailments which the Keto diet promises to cure if followed properly.
The overall scope of the Ketogenic diet is increasing as people in metro cities and other tier A and B towns are following this diet for a healthy lifestyle. The Indian cuisine has readily accepted the Keto diet and authentic keto Indian dishes can be found in every major food outlet and Indian restaurant now.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. The day starts with breakfast and the calories and nutrients which we gain from the day's first meal is mandatory to have. The body stimulates it with the nutrients it gains from the breakfast and if not consumed or skipped regularly, the Keto diet may not give the best results. Breakfast as the name suggests, is breaking the fast of the night. It rejuvenates the ultimate supply of glucose to boost the energy levels in the body and its vigilance to react to the things which are to come in the day.
If one skips the morning Breakfast, he/she feels lethargic the whole day since the body runs short of glucose and the muscles start to cramp by the day if meal is not consumed, in such a case, there is oxygen deficiency in the muscles which leads to fainting which might be fatal if happens continuously. Therefore Breakfast is highly recommended at all costs. At least 2-3 litres of water should be consumed on a daily basis to avoid constipation, dehydration and loss of salt-sugar balance in the body.
INDIAN KETO DIET PLAN
The Indian cuisine has always been rich in carbohydrates, it is one of the major parts of every Indian's daily meal platter. Be it Basmati Rice of northern India or Idli from South India, they are just too high in carbs. If you're a beginner you must keep in check the carb content you are intaking to avoid Keto flu. Here we are with some common Keto Breakfasts which you can include in your daily breakfast platter and have a smooth dieting in the long term
1. KETO DOSA WITH KETO CHUTNEY
Are you someone who can't live without having the famous South Indian dishes like Idli, Dosa, Vada even on the Keto diet? Here we are for your rescue with this amazing Keto Breakfast, Keto Dosa with Keto Chutney. Sounds interesting enough? Are you worrying about consuming carbohydrates by eating Keto, we introduce you Keto Dosa made with almond flour which is totally fat and protein rich and negligible in carbs. You just need to pile up your pantry with almond flour, mozzarella cheese, coconut milk and some of your favorite Indian spices (since most of them are Keto friendly). Follow this recipe and enjoy your Keto Dosa with a basic Coconut Chutney.
- You need to mix the almond flour and melted mozzarella cheese into coconut milk (optional). Form a thick consistency batter from it.
- Pour the dosa batter in an oiled frying pan and spread the batter from the spoon.
- Cook on a medium heat and keep turning sides until the bottom of the Dosa starts to golden down and does not stick to the frying pan.
- Fold the dosa and scarp it into a plate. Serve with the basic Keto coconut chutney.
2. KETO POHA
Are you habituated to eating tasty and different versions of the Maharashtrian Poha but are cutting down on your poha cravings due to your Keto diet? You need not worry because now you can consume Keto Poha in your daily Breakfast. Cauliflower has come to your cravings rescue yet again. You just need diced cauliflower pieces, onions, peanuts, chopped tomatoes, bell peppers, extra virgin olive oil and the spices such as turmeric, pav bhaji masala and red chilly.
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces as per your convenience.
- Wash them thoroughly to remove the toxins and harmful substances present outside.
- Boil the pieces into salted water for 5 minutes and wait for them to turn tender.
- Until the pieces are getting boiled, you can roast the peanuts and pieces of homemade paneer until they become golden brown.
- In the same pan heat oil around 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil or extra virgin coconut oil.
- Now add the curry leaves and mustard seeds for tempering. Season it with salt and turmeric and fry the spice.
- Now add the roasted peanuts, paneer, red chilli powder, coriander powder and chillies into it.
- Now add in the cauliflower pieces, season it with salt, add a cup of water and cover and cook till it becomes tender. Mix it all thoroughly.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and a squeeze of lime juice.
3. SPINACH- CAULIFLOWER- BROCCOLI SOUP
Spinach, Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup is the best soup any dieter could ask for. Whether you are on a Keto diet, vegan diet or even on intermittent fasting, you can consume this easily made soup in your breakfast.You just need to have some spinach, cauliflower and broccoli, green chillies, chopped onions, lemon juice in your pantry with some other side veggies, cream and spices of course.These vegetables are commonly found in every Indian kitchen, are powerhouses of fats, proteins, nutrients and antioxidants. A soup made out of them would just taste divine. All you need to do is,
- Chop the spinach according to your needs, wash it thoroughly to wash out any traces of fertilizers in it.
- Cut the Cauliflower into small cubes by removing its stems and wash thoroughly. Cut the broccoli into small pieces and wash them too.
- Saute them into butter and garlic with some additional spices if you wish to. Chop the onions and the tomatoes into small pieces and roast them into extra virgin olive oil in a different pan and add cumin seeds, ginger and garlic.
- In one pan, add olive oil and vegetable stock in it and pour the sauteed veggies in it with the dried onions and tomatoes in it. Keep it stirring until it becomes thick.
- Add butter and heavy cream to the thick soup and cook it for 5 minutes until it gets mixed with the soup.
- Pour the soup in a bowl, add oregano flakes, herbs etc if you wish to and serve hot.
TIP: In a similar way, you can prepare Tomato Soup, Cauliflower-Kale Soup as well with some customizations.
4. STRAWBERRY KETO SMOOTHIE
Who does not like the lavish creamy strawberry keto smoothie when served in the chilled peppermint flavour. Oh! But did you think your Keto diet can refrain you from having it? Here is the easiest recipe of the Strawberry-Mint Keto Smoothie which requires only some pieces of Strawberry, Mint leaves, coconut milk, whipping cream and some cheese. Follow this recipe to prepare the best Keto smoothie.
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces.Blend cream cheese with mint leaves and add the finely chopped strawberries into them.
- Now add coconut milk and whipping cream in it. Mix it all together and blend thoroughly. Garnish the smoothie with mint leaves and serve chilled with ice cubes.
THE BOTTOM LINE
The Indian version of the Keto diet keto diet for Indians is now available with thousands of customized recipes now which can be easily made at home as well. The Keto Dosa, Keto Poha, Keto Soup and Keto Smoothie are some of the easiest yet tastiest recipes that can be made at home in a few easy steps which are provided in this blog. These recipes are low in carbs, rich in fats and are rich sources of protein. Apart from these healthy breakfast recipes and indian breakfasts, one should never forget to drink water frequently to save oneself from the symptoms and side effects of Keto Flu and dehydration. We wish you a happy dieting with these tasty recipes.