Unheard Recipe of Indian Crispy Cookie - Vegan Nan Khatai
- 02 Jun, 2020
Nankhatai is an Indian Crispy cookie which melts into the mouth unleashing a sweet and salty flavour. This Vegan Nankhatai is flecked with nuts and scented with cardamom. This crispy dish is easy and quick to prepare. It is healthy, soy-free, gluten-free and ghee-free. It is like any other Indian sweet dish made of flour and then baked in a subtle shape but without “ghee”. This ghee free variety of Nankhatai is going to be an eye-opener for many.
This secret recipe of Indian Crispy Cookies just needs 8 ingredients and 30 minutes to get prepared. So, let us start with our secret healthy recipe of “Vegan Nankhatai”.
Preparation Time: 10mins
Baking Time: 15-20 mins
Total Calories : 53kcal
Servings: 20-25 Nankhatai pieces
- All purpose flour - ½ cup
- Besan - ½ cup
- Semolina or Sooji - ¼ cup
- Vegan Butter - ¾ cup
- Date Sugar - 1 small cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Green Cardamom - 1 tbsp
- Nuts - 1 small cup
Directions of the Secret Recipe
- Before you begin with the recipe, make sure your Vegan Butter is at room temperature.
- Take a bowl and add All purpose flour, besan, sooji, butter, vanilla extract, green-cardamom and powdered sugar. Mix all these ingredients well and make a dough out of it.
- If you feel that it is dry, add some water or oil to it. Make sure the dough is soft.
- Take little balls of the dough and press them on your palm using your fingers. While pressing, put more pressure in the middle part of the disc.
- Add nuts or chocochips to the middle part of the disc.
- First preheat your oven at 325 degrees fahrenheit. Then bake the cookies in an oven for 15-20mins at 325 degrees fahrenheit. The cookies will give a light brown color when totally cooked.
- After taking them out of the oven, let it cool for 10 minutes for a better texture.
You can make “Nankhatai” in different shapes and sizes as per your own convenience. So, give yourself a healthy and tasty cookie treat in just a few minutes of preparation.
Eat Good! Feel Good!