Recipe of Vegan Palak Paneer with curried Tofu
- 08 Jul, 2020
If you are someone craving for some exciting and mouth-watering Indian curry, this vegan palak paneer with curried tofu is for you. It has a beautiful vibrant green, creamy texture with super flavorful spinach gravy base along with crispy-edged, crumbly tofu, which gives a paneer-like texture.
This dish is prepared using traditional Noth-Indian spices. It’s perfect when served with fragrant basmati rice and scooped with some Indian flatbread. People who don't like spinach much, this dish will encourage you to give this dish a try, as it’s easy to make, smells amazing and has just the right amount of richness and spice.
Breakdown of this appetizing Recipe:
1 Cup of Vegan Palak Paneer contains 405 cals.
Fat - 31.63g
Carbohydrate - 14.56g
Protein - 18.93g
Cooking Time: 40-45 Minutes
Serves: 4 Plates
- Spinach - 4-5 Cups
- Tofu - 8 Ounces ( Extra Firm )
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Onions - 2 ( Chopped Fine )
- Crushed Ginger - 2 Teaspoon
- Crushed Garlic - 2 Teaspoon
- Tomatoes - 2 ( Take the Puree )
- Ground Coriander - 2 Teaspoon
- Ground Cumin - 1 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala - ½ Teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Coconut Cream - 1 Teaspoon
- Coconut Oil - 3 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Take 4-5 cups of Spinach and boil it in a pressure cooker. As soon as it reaches the room temperature, make a puree of it in a high speed blender until it gets smooth.
- Make a puree of the tomatoes.
- Take extra firm tofu, cube it and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet and add some cumin seeds along with asafoetida and wait for 2 minutes.
- Once it sputters, add fine chopped onions and saute until it gives a slightly golden brown texture.
- Now add garlic and ginger paste to it and saute until the raw smell disappears. Mix it firmly with the chopped onions.
- Add the tomato puree, spices and salt. Cook on slightly medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Now add the pureed spinach and tofu and simmer it on medium heat until tofu absorbs some essence and becomes soft; add a little water and leave it on mild heat for 6-7 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and stir it well, until the creme gets fully mixed.
- Serve hot with rice or any flatbread.
- You can add vegan milk in place of cream.
- You may also add cashew cream in place of coconut creme ( this will increase the calories).
- You can add gram flour while making spinach puree, it helps in good binding.