Protein-Rich Poha Recipe
- 08 Aug, 2020
A fresh weekend morning starts with healthy lemon zest poha. Poha is a delicious mouthwatering dish prepared with flattened rice and various healthy herbs. It can be your go-to light and swirl recipe during heavy heat summers or a light dinner option. It is easy to digest due to the presence of asafoetida and coriander leaves.
However, you might have a question that rice may not be a healthy option for breakfast. In this recipe, we are going to introduce you with special protein-packed poha that is full of protein ingredients which will make your breakfast healthy and light.
Serving Size: 2
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cup Poha
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 red dried chilli
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup peanuts
- ¼ cup soy
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tbsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ cup paneer
- 5 curry leaves
- Wash the flattened poha and soy under running water to clean the dirt if any. Keep them aside to drain the remaining water completely. Let it stay still for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add cumin seeds and stir until they get brownish. After that add the curry leaves and green chillies, red dried chillies, asafoetida and stir for 5-6 minutes.
- Add grilled peanuts and stir in low flame for 2 minutes until the colour changes to brown.
- Add sliced onions, add a pinch of salt and stir to completely mix everything. Cover and cook for 10 minutes so that onions are cooked properly.
- Add the drained poha and soy granules and steam for 10 minutes. Add turmeric powder and paneer to it.
- Stir everything gently. Cover the lid of the skillet and allow to heat for 5 minutes.
- Poha is ready. Serve with lemon zest and chaat masala topped with coriander leaves.
TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
- To enjoy the healthy protein-rich poha, you need to follow some quick tips and tricks to enhance your cooking style.
- Try to use grated tofu. Tofu is a dairy product that is an alternative to paneer and contains a rich amount of protein content.
- Choose a thick and brown flattened variety of Poha.
- Try to use canola oil/olive oil /coconut oil for preparing Poha.
- Peanut is a great source of protein. ¼ cup of peanut contains 50 calories,8g of protein. Use a good amount of peanut in your poha to make it protein-rich.
So finally with this last tips portion, we can put an end to our protein-rich poha recipe. Hope you guys enjoyed it with all your heart! Prepare this recipe in your kitchen and share them with your friends and family. Till then best of luck to you, and enjoy the art of making healthy recipes.