How to make appetizing Gluten-Free Sabudana ki Khichdi
- 29 Jun, 2020
Sabudana Khichdi is love for every Indian. This vegan and gluten free dish is mostly eaten during the fasting season of Navratri. However, this extremely simple and tasty is an all time favourite dish which can be eaten even without any occasion.
This dish does not require much spices and that is why it is mostly eaten during fasting season. It requires just 20 minutes to prepare Sabudana Khichdi. So, let’s get started with the recipe.
Breakdown of this appetizing Recipe:
Carbohydrates - 344 calories
Proteins account - 39 calories
Fats - 288 calories
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 plates
- Take one cup of sabudana and rinse it with water properly. Take a bowl and soak it for 4-5 hours in water. The quantity of water should be about 3 cm above the sabudana. After 4-5 hours drain it using a strainer and then spread it over a thick cloth for about 1 hour.
- Take a bowl and mix the sabudana, roasted peanuts, salt and chilli powder properly.
- Take a saucepan, put ghee, cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves in it. Let these get roasted for about 5 minutes.
- Now, add sabudana mixture to it. Let it cook on medium flame for 10-15 minutes until the whole mixture gets binded properly.
- When it’s done add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it hot.
- You can add ginger to the khichdi if you want. It tastes good.
- Replace the salt with sendha namak (salt) if you are making this sabudana khichdi for navratri fast.
- Along with coriander leaves, you can also add curd, pomegranate and falahari namkeen for garnishing.
Make each day an occasion to make Sabudana ki Khichdi and not only during fasting season. Enjoy it hot and sizzling with your friends and loved ones !