Benefits And Risks Of The Keto Diet That Beginners Need To Know
- 18 Mar, 2020
Keto has become one of the most popular diets in recent years. The word keto comes from the word Ketogenic which is the name for a metabolic process in the human body. It is a high fat, moderate protein, low carbohydrate healthy eating behavior, severely restricting carbs from all sources.
Ketosis is a metabolic state that shifts your body from burning glucose to fat for energy. The keto diet plan is all about minimizing carbohydrate intake and upping fats. It allows your body to enter into the state of ketosis.
The keto-friendly diet is all about increasing calories from fat and going very low carb. Here are some of the foods you may eat on keto:
- Oils (like olive oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil)
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Coconut (unsweetened)
- Nuts (almonds, macadamia) and seeds (chia seeds, flaxseed, sunflower seeds)
- Leafy green vegetables (romaine, spinach, kale, collards)
- Non Starchy vegetables, including zucchini, asparagus, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- Meats (chicken, beef, pork, lamb)
- Fish (particularly fatty fish like salmon and sardines)
Benefits And Risks Of A Keto Diet
The Keto diet has steadily grown in favor over the last several years. People are excited about the outcomes they’re having, and as a result, they want to share the good news. But before you start, it’s a good idea to look at the benefits and risks of a Keto diet.
There have been numerous studies that show a low-carb, moderate protein, and a high-fat diet is making a difference in people’s lives. Consequently, the word is spreading, and people are taking notice. There are dramatic benefits to following a low-carb, high-fat diet. So, dig in, take a look, and see if the keto diet is right for you. Some of the benefits of a keto diet include,
1. Low-Carb Diets Reduce Your Appetite
Cutting carbs is one of the simplest and most effective ways to lose weight. However, low-carb eating leads to an automatic reduction in appetite. You can get an extra dose of protein and vital nutrients. Ketofy has the largest pantry of protein, low carb food products curated to suit your healthy Keto lifestyle.
2. Reduced Blood Sugar and Insulin Levels
Low-carb and ketogenic diets can also be particularly helpful for people with diabetes and insulin resistance.
3. Improve Cholesterol Levels
One of the most important risk factors for heart disease is the bad” LDL cholesterol. With the proper ketogenic diet, it has been found to improve cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. High protein Keto flour is specially made for people who want to switch to a healthier lifestyle or a low carb diet guilt-free.
Who Should Avoid The Ketogenic Diet
When discussing the benefits and risks of a Keto diet, it’s easy to see the advantages and ignore the risks. But there are well-founded conditions when a Keto diet can be harmful to your health. Consequently, it’s essential to know what the chances are.
1. People Who Have Had Their Gallbladder Removed: A gallbladder holds bile, which aids in fat digestion. Without this organ, you will not feel your best on a high-fat diet.
2. People with Thyroid Disease: A keto diet may suppress levels of thyroid hormones. That means the diet provides treatment for hyperthyroidism.People with Multiple Sclerosis (MS): The National Multiple Sclerosis Society raises cautions about the possible side effects, like fatigue and constipation.
Simplify your diet with keto supplies with a customized diet plan to help you maintain a healthier lifestyle without changing your current eating habits.