7 Ways To Boost Your Immunity To Fight The Corona Virus
- 05 Mar, 2020
As the Corona Virus turns from an epidemic to a pandemic scale, we are hearing advice about how to reduce exposure and prevent ourselves from contracting the virus. Given the current state of affairs, it is inevitable that many of us will eventually come in contact with the virus. There is one other tool that we have to keep ourselves safe from the Corona Virus and that is our IMMUNE SYSTEM.
Our immune system is designed to fight viruses, bacteria, protozoa and other infections. However, the immune system has a limited capacity. This capacity is further reduced by modern lifestyle aspects like stress, toxins, lack of exercise, and unhealthy eating. Weak immunity is the primary cause of morbidity caused by most pathogens.
So we all agree that all of us need to have a strong immunity to fight off the Corona Virus. Let us deep-dive into 7 sure shot ways of boosting your immunity naturally.
- Get More And Better Sleep: When we sleep, our body produces a protein called cytokines. Cytokines fight off infections and inflammation and are integral to the immune system. You can estimate the importance of sleep for your immune system by the fact that even flu vaccines become useless in people with chronic sleep deprivation. Reduce the intake of caffeinated drinks after 6 PM, drink less water at night and try to keep your smartphone aside before you hop into bed.
- Immunity-Boosting Herbs: Herbs like AHCC, Echinacea, Elderberry, Andrographis and Astragalus can help reduce the duration and severity of illness. On top of that, using vitamin and mineral supplements provide the necessary nutrients for a strong immune system. Astragalus, a prominent herb in Chinese medicine, contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Studies on astragalus suggest that the root can boost resistance to infection and regulate the body’s immune responses. Similarly, angelica root has been shown to modulate the immune system and treat respiratory ailments and cold symptoms. Or you can opt for super immunity boosting blends like these.
- Immunity-Boosting Vitamins & Minerals: If your immune system is weak, it can also be helpful to supplement with key vitamins and minerals that may have become depleted like Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin D, and Zinc.
- Moderate Exercise: People think that exercise and health benefits are directly proportional. Although exercise is the best thing you can do for your health (after quitting smoking and sugar), too much exercise can be detrimental to your immune system. A 45-minute workout session is something that you should target.
- Reduce Inflammation: Sugary and high carbohydrate foods can cause inflammation to develop through your cells. Your immune system performance is especially susceptible to this. Shift to a low-carb dietary paradigm and quit all packaged products with sugar and high carb ingredients.
- Detox & Fasting: This is the single most effective way to take your immunity through the roof. A 6 day water fast will allow your body to remove all its dead cells and have the immunity of a 10 year younger person.
- Wellversed - Immunity Booster: This unique blend of 10+ herbs will help you increase your immunity by 100 times. An all-natural blend of plant-based ingredients to help you fight viral, bacterial and all other kinds of infections.