6 Low Carb And Gluten Free Bread Recipes
- 31 Aug, 2020
Bread happens to be a major part of the modern diet and is our favorite every day meal, be it breakfast or dinner, bread rolls, buns and garlic bread have to show up. However bread is considered to be high in carbohydrates and many people are intolerant to gluten. According to experts, "A gluten-free diet is a diet that strictly excludes gluten, which is a mixture of proteins found in wheat, as well as barley, rye, and oats. The inclusion of oats in a gluten-free diet remains controversial, and may depend on the oat cultivar and the frequent cross-contamination with other gluten-containing cereals."
Low-carbohydrate diets restrict carbohydrate consumption relative to the average diet. Foods high in carbohydrates are limited, and replaced with foods containing a higher percentage of fat and protein, as well as low carbohydrate foods so that the body starts producing energy from fats and proteins and helps the dieter to lose weight. Many bread lovers miss on their favorite bread recipes due to being on a carb free diet and intolerant to gluten. Most of them are unaware of the many healthy alternatives for bread, which are absolutely gluten free and low in carb diets. In this blog, we have mentioned about 6 low carb and gluten free bread recipes which are everyone's favorite.
1. LOW CARB BREAD ROLLS
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 150g Flax Seeds
- 50g Coconut Flour
- 20g Chia Seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
TIP: Chia seeds and Flax Seeds should be milled before to avoid problem in making the bread rolls.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Combine flax seeds, chia seeds, coconut flour and baking powder in a bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl add olive oil and water and whisk together.
- Now add the liquid into the mixed ingredients and make a fine thick batter and leave to set for 10 minutes.
- Break the dough into small balls and put flax seeds over each ball optionally.
- Place them on a grease proof baking sheet and very gently press each ball to make them stable.
- Place in the oven and bake at 180°C for 45 minutes.
- Take out when they have a deep golden brown crust.
2. OOPSIE KETO BREAD
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
TIP: Use a nonstick cooking spray to line the cookie sheets with butter paper or a parchment paper as per your convenience.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whip 2 egg whites and the cream of tartar until they turn stiff.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yolks, cream cheese and salt.
- Now carefully fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture.
- Work by placing a mound of egg whites on top of the yolk mixture and fold them under the egg white.
- Spoon 6 large mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake them for 30 minutes, until they turn golden-brown and enjoy.
3. ALMOND BUN
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Combine almond flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs in another bowl.
- Melt butter and add to the batter
- Divide the batter into 6-8 parts.
- Place into a Muffin Top pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C
- After they turn golden, cool them on a wire rack
4. PALEO FLAX BREAD
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1½ Cups Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Flax Seeds
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Blend coconut flour, almond flour, flax seeds and baking soda in a bowl A.
- In bowl B, add eggs, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Now combine both the bowls in one.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes
- Cool the bread before slicing into loaf for your further meal plans.
5. LOW CARB CHEESY GARLIC BREAD
- 200g pre grated mozzarella
- 85 g almond flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Place all the ingredients (except the egg) in a bowl.
- Stir gently to mix together and microwave for a minute.
- Add the egg then mix gently to make a cheesy dough.
- Place on a baking tray and form into a garlic bread shape.
- Cut slices into the low-carb garlic bread.
- Mix 2 tbsp melted butter, 1 tsp parsley and 1 tsp garlic. Brush over the top of the low-carb garlic bread, sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bake at 220°C for 15 minutes until it turns golden brown
6. ALMOND FLOUR BREAD
- 200 g Almond Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 g psyllium husk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- Place 1 cup Almond flour, baking powder, psyllium husk and salt in a bowl.
- Add 2 eggs, melted coconut oil and lukewarm water in it.
- Mix the ingredients until they are combined well. Do not over mix as it might disturb the consistency.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin. Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes and take out when they turn golden.
THE BOTTOM LINE
The most important rule in any diet is to follow the thumb rule and avoid every food item which is strictly prohibited. These recipes are extremely low in carbs and won't affect your carb intake as well. There are many more low carb and gluten free recipes which you can follow on your diet and not feel guilty about missing out on your favorite food. Also, these bread recipes come with the added benefit that whether you're on a Keto diet or Gluten free diet, these healthy and tasty bread recipes are always for your rescue and come with handy health benefits for you.